What is Scene & Heard?
Scene & Heard is the multimedia scene communication tool from Therapy Box.
Scene & Heard has been designed to give practitioners, teachers, parents and carers a quick and easy way to create scenes full of multimedia content, such as audio clips and video clips, recorded directly into the app with the iDevice!
Based on the visual scene display approach to augmentative communication, the application can be used to support communication for people with developing language skills and those who benefit from context, with hotspots to click on, which then play a pre-recorded message. The scenes can also incorporate the Widgit Symbol Set which are accessible directly through the app when editing. Each symbol can be given an audio message, providing a high tech system for users!
Scene & Heard can also be used in the mainstream classroom, enabling class activities such as storyboarding and interactive story telling. Presentations can also be completed with the aid of Scene & Heard, with students photographing and annotating scenes with voice and video evidence.
Adults who need support with communication can also benefit from the scenes within Scene & Heard. Scenes may also be used for task prompting, reminding and task demonstration can be created and played back on the iDevice.
Key features of Scene & Heard:
- Build scenes and vocabulary on the go.
- Record your own voice messages for scenes to make basic requests or share stories
- Record video files to and play them back within the created scenes
- Link scenes to create a sequence of events, support narrative or to reinforce cause and effect concepts
- Includes over 10000 Widgit symbols to use to support communication
- Use a flip book or grid view to find your scenes
- Switch accessible with the Therapy Box Switch Box or RJ Cooper switch interface
- Use the whole screen as a switch in "touch anywhere" scanning mode.